Hi, and welcome to my blog. Since you have found me in the giant blogosphere that probably means you have heard that I have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
Before I get into the gory details of how I was diagnosed, what has happened so far, and what happens next, there are just a few housekeeping items to go over. I know, that sounds like University all over again, but I don’t care, this my blog so I can do what I want.
- I welcome any comments you may have. If you say anything mean I will delete it. I do welcome nice gossip, amusing links or pictures, or anything else fun, entertaining, or supportive that I and the rest of you would enjoy. Laughter is the best medicine afterall.
- You do not have to be a follower of my blog to comment, I think (I’m not really sure what followers are or how you become a follower or anything else about blogs for that matter but that’s ok. I’m here to talk about cancer, not be your tech help desk.)
- I don’t want to know what followers are or how to be a follower so please don’t start sending me comments related to that topic
- This might be, on occasion, somewhat graphic. I am surprised how easy my cancer has been to talk about so far and if I have to suffer through something then everyone else can suffer right along with me. It will make us all much better friends.
- On occasion I may be horribly flippant or irreverant or tell really bad jokes or maybe even get sappy, but probably not the sappy part. Sappy stuff makes me cry then I can’t see the keyboard so what good would that do any of us?
- Yes, I did steal the title of my blog from a John Hughes movie. And in truth I am not a big fan of pink so of course I got the pink ribbon cancer.
- There are likely more things but I can’t think of them right now so I reserve the right to add to this list later.
Oh yeah, and pardon my punctuation. Texting has been very bad on my grammar skills.
Wow, this has turned into a long post already. I think I will leave the background stuff for my next post.